- 1.1. Sagicor recognises the importance of its role in managing social, economic and environmental issues. Corporate Social Responsibility ("CSR") is the principal way we seek to co-ordinate and manage practices to maximise positive social and economic contribution and minimise the environmental impacts of its business. Engagement with key clients, employees, community, environmental stakeholders, regulators, business partners, suppliers, and our shareholders is central to Sagicor's approach to CSR.
- 1.2. Sagicor divides CSR into four segments:
- Marketplace - How we work with our brokers, clients and suppliers
- Workplace - Where we work, how we recruit and how we work with our staff
- Environment - How we reduce our environmental impact
- Community - How we engage with the community in which we work
- 1.3. The policy is related to and builds upon the values and standards of ethical behaviour outlined in Sagicor's code of conduct and business ethics which can be found under CSR Documents.
- The objectives of this policy are to:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities in respect of CSR, Management and Staff
- Outliner the commitment and requirements for the CSR segments of: Marketplace, Workplace, Environment and Community
- The Policy applies to all divisions (including underwriting teams and business units) in Sagicor.
4.0 Policy Requirements
- 4.1 Roles & Responsibilities
- 4.1.1. Ownership of CSR: The UK Board is accountable for CSR in the UK. The co-ordination of CSR initiatives and activities will be owned on the Board's behalf by the nominated CSR Officer who will report regularly on CSR status, progress and issues to the Board.
- 4.1.2. Line Management: Responsible for ensuring that key strategic and operational decisions in their area take account CSR considerations, supporting CSR initiatives and practices through role-modelling and the allocation of sufficient resources, raising the profile of CSR and overseeing that their area complies with this policy.
- 4.1.3. Staff: Responsible for behaving in a corporately responsible way, adhering to this policy and enabling Sagicor to make a positive social, economic and environmental contribution.
- 4.2 Marketplace
- 4.2.1. We will operate in accordance with the values and standards of behaviour set out in our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (which can be found under CSR Documents) and all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, and provide a mechanism and process whereby illegal and/or unethical behaviour can be reported and addressed.
- 4.2.2. We will provide products and services to meet the needs of our clients, while having consideration for the impact on the natural environment and communities where we operate.
- 4.2.3. We will provide high standards of service to clients, and have complaints procedures for clients to ensure their concerns are efficiently addressed on those occasions where there is a problem.
- 4.2.4. We will take a partnership approach to supply chain relations, as outlined in our Supplier Code Of Conduct (which can be found under CSR Documents), ensuring that payments are made promptly, supplier complaints are reviewed, and that we use fair and transparent procurement methods'.
- 4.2.5. We will use our position in the marketplace to raise awareness of CSR with clients and the markets, and help facilitate change to minimise impact on the natural environment and communities where we operate.
- 4.3 Workplace
- 4.3.1. We will provide a workplace in which diversity is valued and there are equal opportunities.
- 4.3.2. We will provide a mechanism/s by which employees can raise their views and be engaged in change and issues that affect the company.
- 4.3.3. We will provide a safe and secure workplace which is conducive to the health and welfare of employees.
- 4.3.4. We will support employees with learning and development opportunities to help them reach their potential and maximise their contribution to Sagicor's strategy.
- 4.3.5. We will recognise and reward individuals on the basis of their own performance and that of the company. Sagicor will appraise performance on both the results that were achieved and how they were achieved.
- 4.4 Environment
- 4.4.1 We will seek to minimise our energy, water and paper usage, through design, infrastructure and behaviour of its staff.
- 4.4.2 We will seek to optimise the recycling of waste through providing adequate means of communication where practicable.
- 4.4.3 We will seek to reduce unnecessary travel and encourage the use of alternative means of communication where practicable.
- 4.4.4 We will endeavour to incorporate environmental considerations into procurement decisions (including refurbishments/new building projects), and raise awareness of our supply chain to facilitate a reduction in their own environment impact.
- 4.5 Community
- 4.5.1. We will provide benefit to the community through our partnership with the Lloyd's Community Programme initiative, through the investment of our money and time in this programme.
- 4.5.2. We will provide and support employee volunteering opportunities and also support corporate fundraising campaigns.
- 4.5.3. We will encourage and support employees in their own community activities and fundraising efforts.
- 4.5.4. We will encourage and facilitate employee giving by providing a Give-As-You-Earn (GAYE) facility.
- The following summarises key terms used in this Policy Statement
- Code of Conduct and Business Ethics - Sets out the standards of ethical behaviour required of all employees and officers, as well as all Sagicor directors and agents whenever they are acting on behalf of the Company.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) - The overall approach Sagicor takes to contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as ell as of the localÂ community and society at large.
- We - The Company "Sagicor Global Risks"
- Sagicor - Sagicor Global Risks